CHAMPAIGN COUNTY FAIR TALENT CONTEST
(Featuring Music, Dancing, Singing and Comedy)
SPECIAL GUEST JUDGE AND FREE CONCERT PERFORMANCE BY
ENTRY DEADLINE: Wednesday, July 18, 2013
Entry must be received in the Fair Office by 5:00 p.m.
TALENT CONTEST: Monday, July 22, 2013 - 7:00 p.m.
Prizes - Division Winners
1st Place $75.00 * 2nd Place $50.00 * 3rd Place $25.00
CHAMPAIGN COUNTY FAIR OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
FOR COUNTY COMPETITION
- Professional entertainers NOT eligible.
- All contestants MUST be from CHAMPAIGN COUNTY
- Any act that performs over the four (4) minute time limit will be disqualified!
- Junior and Senior division age information:
- NO previous first place contestant(s) can participate in the County Talent Contest with the exception of Junior contestant(s) who may participate in
the Senior Division when eligible.
- JUNIOR DIVISION: All contestants can be 14 years old or younger on the
day and date of the local contest. (Monday, July 22, 2013) . A junior
participant can return as a junior participant only as a member of a group
entry, or a group participant can return only as a single entry. A junior
participant may return as a senior participant when they reach 15
years of age.
- SENIOR DIVISION: Contestants cannot be over 21 years of age on the day
and date of their local contest. (Monday, July 22, 2013) Senior Division
contestants can be 22 years old when competing at State Level in January
2014, if they met the age requirements of their local contest. A senior
participant can only perform one time as a single contestant and once as a
- A junior participant can return to the state level as a junior participant only
as a member of a group entry, or a group participant can return only as a
single entry. A junior participant may return as a senior participant when
they reach 15 years of age.
- A senior participant can only perform one time as a single contestant and
once as a group participant.
- ALL contestants must supply their own equipment, except sound
- Contestants using tape or CD backup accompaniment will be required to have
only the music for the single act on the recording. This will prevent the confusion
that some contestants have previously experienced. No like talent is allowed on the
recording i.e.vocal, tap dancing, any like instrument, etc. This will be carefully
- There will be a panel of judges and their decision will be final.
- Set-Up time limit of THREE (3) MINUTES only, STAGE SIZE is 24'x32'
- First place contestant(s) in each Division will advance to State competition in
For further information call: Janet Largent 493-3024 or email
Check Janet's Facebook Page for Updates: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?&id=100000023800707
Janet is also on Twitter at http://twitter.com/CCFTalent
Champaign County Fair 367-8461, email
Tear off bottom portion and return to Fair office, retain top portion for your information.
Note: If you are having issues with how this is printing on your computer, highlight
everything below the next dotted line, choose EDIT: COPY from your web browser's
menu, open a word processor, and choose EDIT: PASTE to put the form into your word
processor. You can then do whatever formatting (boldface, etc.) you like to make it
look prettier. This will also allow you to fill in the form with your own information.
___________________________________________ Telephone (___)______________________
Date of Birth _____________ Age as of July 18, 2013__________
Name & Address Parent/Guardian _________________________________________________
Cell Telephone (_____) ____________ Email__________________________________________
Telephone (_____) ____________ of Parent/Guardian Email______________________________
Junior ____ Senior ____
Type of Talent________________________________________ Division_____ Division_____
Kind of Microphone
Mail to Champaign County Fair * P O Box 544 * Urbana Il 61803-0544
ENTRIES MUST BE IN THE FAIR OFFICE BY 5:00 P.M., Wednesday, July 22, 2013
or email the Fair office